ICL as the name suggests, is a kind of lens which is implanted into the eye and does not require frequent removal like a normal contact lens. ICL is a phakic IOL (micro thin lenses) implanted over the natural lens, inside the eye to correct spectacle power
ICL is an excellent option for many who have been told they are not good candidate for LASIK. ICl can be great for patient’s who’s cornea is thin or prescription is too strong, to corrected by laser sculpting methods such as LASIK or Wavefront LASIK.
Who is a candidate for ICL surgery?
To be a suitable candidate for ICL
- At least 18 years old
- Your spectacle number should be stable for about a year
- You should not have any diseases
Absolute indication for ICL
- Eye power upto -18 D
- Cornea thinner than 450 microns
- Cylinder power of the eye more than -3.50 D
- Unhealthy cornea including keratoconus
- Have dry eyes